Monday, November 19, 2012

Culinary Delights

The Ravens just won a close one against the Steelers, so I'm in a good mood, and I may as well update the blog.

I had a pretty good week this week.  The week itself was just like every other week lately, so I don't have much to say about it.  I got up, did some work, hung out with Gus and Evelyn, and generally followed my normal routine, but I also had some dinner visitors that really made the week memorable from a culinary perspective.

Monday, I went to a place called Sushi Iwa with Gus and Uyen and Evelyn.  I love sushi, so it was a good experience, and it was a little different than Thai's Noodle where I usually go.  Variety is always good, and it helped me confirm how good the sushi is at Thai's Noodle.

Tuesday, my old roommate, Julie, took me to Outback.  That was awesome because I hadn't had a steak since my accident, and I'd been craving it.  There are better steaks, but you really can't go wrong at Outback.  A memorable meal.

Thursday, my friend Katie, who you may remember as the occupational therapy student from rehab, came by and we went to Bonefish Grill.  Gus had been talking about rare ahi tuna steak on Monday, so I had been craving that.  Nobody does seafood better than Bonefish, and I was thrilled with the meal I got.  I think it was the most memorable meal I've had since I left the hospital.

Mmmmm...
Friday, my friend Jimmy came by for the evening and brought Five Guys burgers and fries.  Those are some of my favorite foods, and I was sad when they were gone.

So I had some good company this week, and I got out of the apartment quite a bit.  And I ate REALLY well.  On the whole, it was a good week.

Unfortunately, I am concerned that my HO is getting worse.  I think my right hip is losing the already minimal flexibility it has had.  It now hurts a lot more than it used to just to sit in my wheelchair, and that's new.  I'm not sure what I can do about it though, so I'll probably just continue to ignore it until I physically can't sit up anymore.

This week, my brother will fly in on Wednesday, and drive me up to my sister's place in Virginia on Thursday.  That should be an interesting experience.  Wish me luck.

3 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed for an uneventful road trip with your "little" bro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't need luck, you've got...Robot Pants! At least, you did in the dream I had the other night...and they magically cured your HO, and you were playing flag football in them, movin' like some sort of Cyber-Vick in the Heards' backyard (I'm guessing it was supposed to be Thanksgiving in the dream, but not many things made sense, so use your imagination). So glad you posted, as I've been meaning to let you know. Hopefully it's a weird premonition of a good time with family this week...prayer chain shall once again get the HO update, thanks. ;)Natalya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I be your former roommate instead of your OLD roommate? :-)

    ReplyDelete