Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Party

A couple weeks ago, my friend Becca suggested I needed to throw a Christmas party for my friends.  Gus liked the idea, so we invited a few of my closest friends, and set a date.  I didn't know if I'd be up for a long party, and I knew a lot of my friends had other responsibilities this close to Christmas, so we made it a dinner party with a relatively early end time.

Party planner Becca
The party was last night, and I thought it was a great success.  Mister Gus and I collaborated on a beef tenderloin roast with a delicious horseradish cream sauce to anchor the meal.  I made my world famous jalapeno corn casserole.  Gus brought Uyen and Evelyn along with some boiled shrimp with homemade cocktail sauce and steamed asparagus.  We whipped up a nice salad, and Becca brought some rotisserie chicken, veggies and some pie.  Mike and Sue brought some roast potatoes, and Ben and Kim brought garlic bread.  Cullen and Caitlin couldn't make it, but Caitlin picked me up some wine before they left for Michigan.  I wish I had taken a picture of my plate.  It was a fantastic meal.

Uyen, Evely, Gus, me, Sue, Mike, Ben, Kim, and Becca took the picture


We brought in some folding tables and borrowed some folding chairs.  Becca brought a few festive decorations, and I had a great time.  The meal was great, and so was the company.  I'm so happy my friends helped me set it up and clean up afterwards.  I obviously couldn't have done it without a ton of help.  Gus in particular was instrumental.

The other nice thing about having a party like this is that I have a ton of awesome leftovers.  I'm looking forward to those.

So the party is over, and tomorrow my parents and brother will arrive to spend Christmas with me.  That should be fun.  I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet! I simply must ask if my husband (y'know, Paul) is in the photo on the counter in front of Becca, and if so, why he is blocked by a bottle of what appears to be hand sanitizer? You callin' him dirty?!?!
    But seriously, what an awesome party, with a delicious menu (what's visible on Uyen's plate gives a foretaste of what a masterpiece your plate photo would have been. Darn.).
    We're still praying -- Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete