Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Stairway to Awesome

Yesterday I felt incredible.  Very little pain and lot of energy.  Best I've felt since rehab.  Gus came over and we did a practice car transfer, and it was effortless.

Today I don't feel great.  Lots more pain.  We did a car transfer, and it went quite badly.  Sigh.

Gus has been busy the last couple weeks with a project he's been doing for a neighbor.  He does these sort of jobs for his neighbors sometimes, and I think he's kinda proud of this one so I thought I'd share some before and after pictures of it.

Gus's stairs

They look so good, I'm thinking about having him put some in my apartment.

6 comments:

  1. Stairway to...the roof?

    The first paragraph made me so happy. The second paragraph brought me down. Thanks for the emotional roller coaster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - I found your blog through a friend. I just finished reading most of it. My husband is a T3 and we (Karen and I) were discussing his HO and she told me about your blog- thanks so much for posting everything about it. 1. because we live in Creedmoor (about 40 minutes away from UNC) and 2. Because it was comprehensive so you have really helped me get an idea of what to expect. I wouldn't normally plug my blog but it may have some ideas that you would find helpful or just familiar issues (we have had carpel tunnel surgery). Just keep in mind it is written from the perspective of wife rather than wheeler so it might be a bit emotional at times. . . .anyway. Please keep writing!
    http://minivandals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell me that you feel awesome today! I sure hope so, buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jason did a near flawless car transfer today. He's getting his technique down and the improved flexibility is definitely a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for posting that good news, Gus! And for showing off your stair awesomeness...I wish you were our neighbor, because our stair situation could *definitely* use some love (yes, some crazy people have non-ranch houses in the clay-sandyland of Texas).

      Delete
  5. Jason, to paraphrase from a cinematic classic with which I am uberfamiliar, Disney-Pixar's CARS:
    "No, YOU'RE awesome, and ya know that!!" Of course, 1) Gus is indeed quite awesome, too, and 2) the CARS character I just paraphrased is a major jerk, so ignore that part and just bask in your awesomeness. That is all.

    ReplyDelete