Monday, April 21, 2014

A Few Of My Favorite Things - Part 3: Floor Mirror


The third in my series of favorite apartment mods was actually an accident.  When my friends put my dresser in my bedroom closet, the attached mirror wouldn't fit.  Not knowing what to do with it, they leaned it against the wall in my bedroom, just outside the closet.  I use it every day.


My floor mirror
When my flexibility was seriously impacted by the HO, I was unable to lean forward, and I couldn't see my feet at all.  Even in bed, I couldn't get close to them.  If I needed to see them for any reason, I had to use the floor mirror.

I really only use that mirror to check on my feet, or sometimes to look at things on the bottom of my wheelchair, but it's the only place in my apartment where I can do that.

I've used it to check on foot injuries, and I've used repeatedly with bare feet to make sure my feet are situated on the footrest such that they aren't dragging on the carpet.  That's a bigger issue than you may realize - if my toes are dragging on the carpet wrong, they could get dragged under and injured badly.


The view from in front

I used it once to figure out that something was stuck in my front caster.  It's just a nice thing to have around.

2 comments:

  1. As I'm here to play catch-up quickly between insane amounts of paper-writing, I'm delighted to enjoy more in the "Favorite Things" series -- thought of your "anniversary" last Monday, even if I wasn't able to check in & say so. Praying as ever -- off to enjoy whatever else you've posted in the last two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make that the last week (my concept of time is measured in pages, not days).

    ReplyDelete