Sunday, January 20, 2013

Less Good

Yesterday, I was in quite a bit of pain all day.  The pain in my hip feels a lot like it did before the surgery, and that's very discouraging.  I'm still hopeful that it will be temporary and will go away as I heal, but I'm preparing myself for the idea that it might be permanent.  I haven't seen it myself yet, but my mom saw the incision and says it's 8 inches long.  I've seen some of the bruising around it, and it looks horrible, so it's still possible some of the pain is related to the surgery.  I can also tell they removed a pretty large volume in there because of the way my skin falls now.

It also appears that I picked up a cold in the hospital.  It's not bad yet, but I'm definitely sick.  I've had a scratchy throat for days, and I now have congestion slowly building in my chest, and head.  Many of you know that I can't cough or sneeze properly, so this could be pretty dangerous if it gets bad.  Wish me luck.

Also, today the Ravens play the Patriots for the AFC Championship.  I don't expect anything, but I would be pretty excited if the Ravens got to go to the Superbowl.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for taking the time to post your updates since the surgery! So glad that the surgery went without complication. Very sorry that there has been a recurrence of pain in your hip. It terrible when these medical issues develop on the weekend and it's nearly impossible to reach a doctor for answers to questions! Hoping and praying that you see progress soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the hip pain resolves itself as you heal. Glad you're watching your hometown team....go Ravens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your Ravens have done right by you...now, here's hoping your body does the same. Praying!

    ReplyDelete