Thursday, April 11, 2013

Random Stuff

So my Martinsville friends came to visit me last Friday.  Most of them drove down from Maryland, and they hung out with me Friday night and crashed in my apartment.  I think it was the most fun I've had since my injury.  I hope I can go hang out with them at the cabin in October, but we'll see about that when the time comes.

I was able to take everybody to my favorite restaurant, Tribeca Tavern.  Here's a picture.

Jon, Mark T., Chris, Me, Matt, Wendy, TC, and Curt Tucker at Tribeca
My life is in such a routine right now that it's really nice to break out of that rut and have some real fun.

The weather has been warming up, and I've been taking more walks around the neighborhood.  I assume I'm getting stronger, but it happens so slowly, it's hard to really notice a change.

In the last week, I've had two dreams where I could walk, but in both, my legs didn't work right.  My legs would sort of support me, but I kept falling down when I tried to walk.  I think my brain knows I'm not supposed to be walking at this point.  Or maybe I've just forgotten what walking is really like.

I got a new bed this week.  I ordered from a store on the internet after extensive discussions with their sales guys about whether their mattress would help with my pressure issues.  I was very optimistic about it, but when it showed up, it was immediately apparent that not only did I not think it would help with pressure relief, the new mattress wasn't even as comfortable as the 10 year old mattress it was replacing.  Fortunately, they have a good return policy.

The pain in my butt continues to be an issue.  Some days are better than others, but none are pain-free.  I have no idea what I'm going to do about it.

Surgery is now less than a month away.  It's going to be interesting to see what changes after that.  That's all I'm really thinking about these days.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to hearing how the new - new bed is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to be a pain in the butt, but what do the "professionals" advise (y'know, like WebMD) about the butt pain?

    ReplyDelete