Friday, April 5, 2013

The Best of Times

It's been quite a while since I've posted.

When nothing is happening, I don't feel motivated to post because I have nothing to say.  On the other hand, when I'm really busy, I don't feel like taking the time to post.  Fortunately, the last 2 weeks have been the latter, not the former.

Gus and his family were away all last week, and I was worried I might be alone too much.  Fortunately, I had the opposite problem.  My friend Tobi came over most of the days that Gus was gone to help with all the things I still need help with.  She also took me to a doctor's appointment.  I'm still astounded by how many people in my life are willing to help me when I need it.  My friends continue to amaze me.  I can't believe how lucky I am.

Tobi also brings cute little half-asian daughter

Then I also had a lot of dinner guests last week.  I had saved up some leftovers to have for dinner last week, but I had so many dinner guests, the leftovers went bad before I got to them.  This is a good problem to have.

Gus doesn't usually come over until around 12:00 for lunch, and then he usually stays most of the afternoon, but Tobi's schedule dictated that she had to come earlier and leave earlier, so it forced me to get up earlier, and gave me a bunch of free time in the afternoons.  I used the time to shop for a new computer and to work on some programming skills I had been wanting to learn.  That was kindof fun.

Tobi' husband, Jimmy, who used to be my roommate came over one night to watch some of the NCAA tournament.  I went out to see a movie with Tobi (Oz the Great and Powerful), I went with Jimmy and Tobi to the local Farmer's Market and bought some cheese and a delicious sausage biscuit.  I got a cup holder for my wheelchair.  I did a couple vigorous walks around the neighborhood.  I watched a couple movies I had been saving for a special occasion, and I generally felt really good.


A sorely needed wheelchair addition

I've been feeling really good the last little while, and it's pretty exciting.  My heels are healing nicely.  I still have quite a bit of pain in my butt, and I'm going to have to figure out what to do about that somehow, but in almost every other regard, I've been doing great.  Even the program has been really great this week.

I'm just waiting for surgery, and after that, I should finally be back to where I was in rehab.  I can't wait.

I'd like to write more, but this weekend is Martinsville, and while I can't make it up to the cabin yet, my friends are on their way to my apartment right now to hang out before they go, so I have to go get ready.  Should be a fun evening.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great post. So glad to hear you are feeling good these days. I'm looking forward to hanging out again soon. We need more curry...

    ReplyDelete