Sunday, March 24, 2013

Holding Pattern

I'm reluctant to admit it, but I've been doing quite well the last week or so.  I'm still dealing with pain in my ischials, but everything else is getting a lot better.  I'm sure something will go wrong any minute now, but right now, I'm pretty happy.  My hip feels okay, and I have scheduled surgery on my other hip for early May.

In the meantime, I'm just killing time, waiting for something to happen.

Gus and his family just left for Kansas for 10 days or so, and I'm reminded how lucky I am to have them in my life.  I honestly don't know how I could have gotten this far without them.  Some of my other friends are going to try to take up the slack without them this week, but I still feel naked knowing Gus isn't around.

Turns out I'm also going to miss little Evelyn.  Uyen sent me a video this week.


It immediately made me think of this.  I'm okay with being compared to Mr. Wonka.

No comments:

Post a Comment