Saturday, May 11, 2013

Post Surgery

Surgery number 2 is in the books.  I got home from the hospital yesterday.  My stay at the hospital wasn't much fun, but it was better than last time.  This time we actually got to stay in rooms with walls and doors, so that was nice.

An uneventful picture of me before surgery


The surgeon said the surgery went pretty well.  He said they were able to remove a lot of bone.  More than last time.  They said I lost a lot of blood.  More than last time.  I definitely felt weak afterwards.

Day 2 after surgery

The good news is that my left hip didn't hurt at all after surgery.  I just don't think I can feel my left hip.  My right hip, on the other hand, which they didn't touch, hurt a LOT after surgery.  Of course it hurt before surgery, and it still hurts now.  It also feels like it has less range of motion than before the surgery.  It's all very weird, and I'm hoping it gets better as I heal, but I'll just have to wait and see.

If you don't want your body to do very strange things, don't break your spine.

They are sending me PT and OT to help me at home here, so we'll see how that goes.

I'm still loving my new mattress.  I was fantasizing about it the entire time I was in the hospital.  Those hospital beds are not comfortable, and it was bliss when I could get into my own bed and use a pillow that was not covered in plastic.  I slept about 14 hours last night.

I wish I had something else interesting to say, but I don't.  Right now, I'm just concentrating on resting and feeling better.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, resting and feeling better are most important, and you've given us plenty to find interesting. Fear not! Praying. ;)

    ReplyDelete