Monday, August 26, 2013

CT Scan

I got my hands on the CT scan on Friday, and it's pretty fascinating.  If you come over, you should ask to see it.  Anyway, here is the picture that is most relevant to what we're doing with this surgery today.  It is from the side.

CT scan

So the part circled in red is in front of my pelvic bone, and the part circled in green is attached to the front of my femur.  When I bend my hip, those pieces of bone approach each other and crush all the muscle that is between them.

Dr. Dahners believes the part in green is what is causing the bulk of my problems, but it's deep inside and near a big artery so it will be dangrous to go after.  I think he's willing to try it, but if he messes up, I could end up losing the leg.  I hope that doesn't happen, but I think it's worth the risk

1 comment:

  1. Sooooooooooooooooo glad I didn't get to see this one until after the surgery. Whew. This has been a particularly dramatic week in the life of your blog and, well, YOU! On to the post most recent....enjoy those pain meds!

    ReplyDelete