Wednesday, August 14, 2013

More Surgery

It is once again time to throw some text at my blog and see what sticks.  Here we go.

I went to see Dr. Dahners last week.  I got a new CT scan of my hips, and he thinks he can see some bone in my right hip that it should help to remove.  Therefore, we have scheduled more surgery for August 26th.  My mom will once again be visiting to help me in the first week of recovery.  I hope it helps with my range of motion, but I really hope it helps with the pain.  My right hip hurts a lot lately.  I'm encouraged that the area he suggested cutting on is close to where most of the pain is, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I've been seeing an Occupational Therapist on a weekly basis for my thumb/wrist.  I think it's a little better, but still a concern.  I'm also dealing with pain in my back where they put the metal rods near my spine.  Since I've been moving my back around more and arching my back when sleeping on my front, I can feel the rods poking me more.  It does not feel good.  Just another thing to try to figure out.

My van is back in operation.  It was down for several weeks, and it's fortunate that it died at a time when I had enough flexibility to get into a car.  It's also fortunate that Cullen had a car I could use in the meantime.  We have started calling that car The Raspberry, and I'm currently working on buying it from Cullen.  Oh, and look what I did with it today.




I just did a few laps around the parking lot, and I still need to figure some things out to make it safe in traffic.  I also need a lot of practice with car transfers and getting the chair in and out of the car, but overall, things went really well.  I hope to own this car by the end of the week and be menacing the highways of North Carolina within the next month.  Maybe sooner.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure whether my favorite part is Evelyn's comparison of your driving to her dad's (the highest form of compliment from any little girl) or Gus (at least, I assume he's the cameraman) mocking your grammar. I'll have to get back to you on which memory continues to make me smile throughout the day. :)
    Praying for surgery to solve the pain problem, too!

    ReplyDelete