Monday, August 6, 2012

Back to work?

Today I had a call with my manager where we discussed the idea of trying to do a little bit of work.  I would work from home, and I think I'd start out at around 10 hours per week.  I have been told that I can work part time and maintain disability payments based on how many hours I don't work, so I need to figure out how that works in detail this week.

My I still don't know where I'm going to find time in my schedule to do the actual work, but I'm hopeful that will work itself out.  My team is understaffed so they can use my help, and I'd like to help out if I can.  I just hope I can figure out how to work it into my schedule.

Speaking of my schedule, I've been lucky to be very busy with visitors the last couple days.  Yesterday was Sunday, and Cullen and Gus stopped by for lunch after going to my house to finish up a few tasks before it goes on the market.  We had a nice, if brief visit.

A little later that afternoon, Justin showed up.

My buds

We had a really nice visit, and Justin helped me out with a few things I'd been wanting to get done.  Then we had pizza.  I love pizza.

Justin stayed until pretty late and watched some Olympics with me.  Later in the evening, Brian showed up and helped watch Olympics too.  It was a good evening.

Justin helping me watch women's beach volleyball

Today was another busy one.  Bert stopped by for lunch on his way up from Laurinburg to see somebody at IBM today.  He and Gus and Evelyn shared leftover pizza with me.

Mmm... pizza...

And tonight, David and Kristen brought me delicious meatloaf and brownies and kept me company for several hours.  I had a great time, and I even had my first bourbon and coke since the accident.  Mmm... bourbon...

I'm expecting every day this week to be just as busy as today, so it should be a very good week if so.  I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment