Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pizza

Today was a pretty good day.  My physical therapist, Syed, came over and put me through my arm/shoulder workout.  I had a delicious lunch of leftovers with Gus and Evelyn.  Later I got a shower, and Gus helped me put clean sheets on the bed.

I did a lot of moving today, and that seemed to be good for my flexibility and my pain.  I should probably try to be more active every day.  Unfortunately, it doesn't mesh well with my laziness.

For dinner, my former roommate, Julie, came over and brought me pizza.

I love good pizza.  I especially like leftover pizza.  It's so easy to fix and eat.  Therefore, when I ordered, I ordered the largest pizza Rosati's makes: the 20-incher.

Julie and the biggest pizza you can get around here


That thing was delicious.  I'd never had Rosati's before, but it did not disappoint.  They put their pepperoni under the cheese like one of my other favorite pizzas, Rudino's.  They even cut their round pie in square slices.  Don't ask me how the physics works, but this makes it better somehow.

I think Julie and I were able to consume less than 1/3 of the pizza so I have a TON of leftovers.  Just the way I like it.  There are some more good lunches in my future.

Five layers of leftovers

8 comments:

  1. Dibs on some of those leftovers! I'll even bring your favorite pizza cutter. - G

    ReplyDelete
  2. You & Gus are going to be eating pizza for a long, long time! And cupcakes! Can't forget about your cupcake collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you should consult a math teacher, one who consistently elevates the understanding of his students, on the geometry of pizza cutting...if only you knew one of those..... ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you had walked up to me in college and told me that my friend, Paul, was going to be a math teacher when he grew up, I'd have slapped you in your mouth and called you a liar. I was a jerk in college. :)

      Delete
  4. You're a bad influence. I had to get Rosati's tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not the first person to accuse me of being a bad influence. :)

      Delete
  5. Jason used to slap people in the mouth and call them liars just for fun, whether they were telling the truth or not.

    And pizza does taste better in rectangular or squared shapes. Something about surface area and the illusion of space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The illusion of space - hah!

      It's tough to slap somebody in the mouth from a wheelchair unless they really want you to. It's much easier to slap them on the butt...

      Delete