Sunday, July 29, 2012

Relaxing

It was a pretty relaxing day.  I spent quite a bit of it on my couch.  That's much easier to do since Gus built some 1.5" risers for it.  Before that, it was pretty tough to transfer back to the wheelchair.  Now it's pretty easy.

Uyen told me yesterday Evelyn insisted this video be sent to me.  I told Uyen that Evelyn is developing a fan base on my blog.


Gus is still out of town, but Uyen and Evelyn came over for lunch today.  It was nice to have the company.  I've gotten so used to having guests that it can get pretty lonely over here, especially on days when I don't have anything to do.  It seems like I spend more time alone on the weekends.  I need to start inviting weekend guests earlier in the week.

After lunch, we went down to look at the party van, and Evelyn wanted to take a turn at the wheel.

Give her a license


The only other interesting thing I did today was to finally turn on the Olympics.  It's completely addictive.  I watched swimming, women's gymnastics, men's volleyball, and some water polo.  I really enjoy watching it, but it does tend to be a reminder of all the stuff I can't do anymore.  It's not like I was ever going to do any of this stuff, but it's still a little depressing.

I felt like I wasted the day, but I really didn't have much to do, and it feels good to waste time every now and then.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, what time with Team USA can be considered wasted? Receiving Evelyn's love and then showing some love to Team USA (yes, TV watchers' love is cosmically felt by the competitors, I'm sure of it) is vital work, Mr. Jason!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a fan of Evelyn... I mean, you're OK, too, but that Evelyn! GO EVELYN!

    ReplyDelete