Sunday, July 22, 2012

Reubens

Tonight, the Carey's came over for dinner and made Reubens.  I've had plenty of Reubens before, but Gus insists on cooking his own corned beef, and it makes all the difference.  I've never had a Reuben before where I felt like the rest of the sandwich was detracting from the flavor of the meat.  Nibbled by itself, the meat tonight was the absolutely delicious and melt-in-your-mouth tender.

They also brought a dessert their neighbor made with some sort of european custard and orange slices in a pie crust.  It was fantastic.  And as always, it was nice to have company for dinner.

Not a good picture of me.  Might be my favorite picture of Evelyn.

2 comments:

  1. Evelyn, as usual, is all eyes on you, even when you aren't feeling photogenic. Even while mugging for the camera, she's watching you!

    ReplyDelete