Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Visitors

It's been 3 days since I've posted, but it feels like 30.  In that time, my parents came down for a visit, and my mom is still here, helping me out.  It's really nice to have somebody staying in the house, and somebody who can go run errands, and help organize this place.  She's out right now, getting stuff.

She has also been cooking.  I could probably survive a nuclear winter with all the food she brought and made.  My freezer is now completely full.

Titus and Brittany finally made it to the apartment for a visit on Monday night.  My mom made lasagne, and we had dinner with my parents.  Dinner was a success, partly because mom's lasagne is good, and in spite of the fact that the apartment is not outfitted to entertain.  We ended up drinking coffee out of measuring cups and using ice cream for creamer.

Dinner was fun though, and it took my mind off my situation for a while.  Visits from friends always seem to have that effect.  Last night Gus was here briefly with Evelyn, and while they were here, I felt the best I had all day.  While they were here, Gus installed the second of my two new under-sink towel holders.

Yes, it's made out of copper pipe

They are simple, and elegant, and the towel is held in place securely with clips since I'm going to roll into it.  I love them.  Before these, there was no reliable way to dry my hands after using the sink.

4 comments:

  1. glad to hear your eatting lasanga..and back on the writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. la de da mr. "i'm too good to wipe my hands on my pants like everyone else" :) (everyone else does do that.....right?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go, Gus, with the DIY chic! Love it! Missed the posts, but it's good to know the absence from blog-land has been visitor-induced. :)

    ReplyDelete