Sunday, May 13, 2012

Bonus

Today, I had my bonus rehab.  I usually get a little rehab on one of the weekend days, and today was that day.  Also, as another bonus, Bert and Ashley brought Simon to visit for lunch.

Simon and Ashley

When he got tired, they dropped him off for a nap and came back to watch my rehab.  I'm always pleased to see Bert and Ashley.  Bert is the funniest person I know, and Ashley is one of the nicest.  Ashley is also a doctor who did her med school here at UNC, so she knows her way around this hospital, and understands my condition better than anyone I know.

Jonathan and Andrew were also at rehab, so I had a huge audience to show off for.  I definitely find that I try harder when people are watching.  That group also represented a collection of several of the funniest people I know, so I did a whole lot of laughing during rehab today.  I told Bert afterward that I think I enjoy having an audience for rehab more than I realized.  It really is a huge motivator.

One day, they're going to teach me to do real wheelies
I also had another first today.  I was able to hand-walk from the bed to the wheel chair without the use of the board for a bridge.  I'm not sure it was the most major milestone, but it still felt really good.

Harder than it looks


But not impossible


2 comments:

  1. Dude, before you know it, you're going to have forearms like Popeye

    ReplyDelete