Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Packing Up

The project

I've learned more every day since my accident about what kind of friends I have.  They are amazing, and I am delighted that today I get to show you some of them in action.

Shortly after my accident, my friend Caitlin, requested the position of Director of Estate Affairs.  This position would make her chief manager for all issues related to my future housing.  I was thrilled to give her that position because she is the most effective organizer I know.  Last weekend, as part of her official duties, and in cooperation with Mike, my Executive In Charge of Getting Stuff Done, Caitlin organized a volunteer work day at my house to fix up minor issues, and pack up all my stuff.  The objective was to get the house as close to sale-ready as possible.  Here's a list of all the people who attended:

  • Caitlin
  • Cullen
  • Mike
  • Sue
  • Ben
  • Gus
  • Brittany
  • Brian
  • Rob
  • Amy
  • Joe
  • Jon
  • Jessica
  • My Mom
  • My Dad

And here are the pictures.  Not everyone who helped is in a picture, but those people were no less helpful, and no less appreciated.  The amount of work that got done on Saturday boggles my mind.  I have no idea how all this would ever have happened without all the organization and effort of all my friends, and I am eternally grateful for all of that work.

I don't know if everybody has friends like mine, but if you do, please remember never to take them for granted.  I know I never plan to make that mistake again.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I missed anybody from the list, but if I did, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete