Monday, May 21, 2012

Setbacks

Today, we tried a few more things to work loose all the gas in my system.  The doctors keep ordering more and more elaborate enemas, but so far we haven't had more than moderate success.  It's getting to be a real problem, and I still have no idea when or how it will ultimately be fixed.

Blogging while not feeling well

On top of that, tonight's taking of my vital signs revealed that I had a temperature.  We don't know why yet, but they have taken blood and urine samples for further analysis.  They're also making me drink some Ensure Plus, Strawberry flavor to help compensate for the fact that I haven't eaten any solid food in over a day.  It's pretty awful, but not as awful as magnesium citrate.  I think I'd rather get shot than drink another bottle of magnesium citrate.

Gross


All of these setbacks have kept me stationary in bed for almost 3 days, and when Al from Occupational Therapy came to my room today and made me sit up and do some exercises, I realized how much muscle and coordination I had lost during that time.  It drove home to me the fact that I can't get stuck here in bed for much longer, and I may need to fight through some discomfort to get back in therapy ASAP.

2 comments:

  1. Ashley says that Chocolate Ensure is better and it is better over ice. We're thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were out of chocolate. I don't know why they stock anything else.

      Delete