Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thirty-first

Today was May 31st.  It's not a particularly special day, but for me, it's a reminder that I have been in the hospital for the entire month of May.  I'm happy to think of the incredible progress I've made in that month, but I'm sad to think of everything I've missed during that time.  It's a long time to be locked up.

Other than that, today was a pretty good day.  The Program was successful for the first time in weeks.  Normally I don't think it's polite to talk about The Program, but I'm just too excited not to mention it.  If I don't get that under control before I leave here, my quality of life will be miserable, so any positive steps there are cause for celebration.  Honestly, nothing could have ruined my day after this.

Later, Gus stopped by for lunch and brought Taco Bell and donuts from Daylight Donuts in North Raleigh.  If anyone is taking notes on how I like to be visited, that's the way to do it.

The only thing better than Taco Bell...





... is Taco Bell followed by delicious donuts.


Gus also stuck around for exercise class, and took some pictures.  There are other people in the class, but I try not to publish pictures of other patients to protect their privacy.

Later, we went to PT and learned some new ways to do pressure relief in the wheelchair.

I don't know who I would trust to do this to me


And Gus caught some footage of me doing a transfer from a bench to my wheelchair.  This transfer is slower than normal because the bench is high enough to keep my feet off the ground, but it's still true that everything in my life after the accident is going to go slower.  That's just a fact.



When we were done with that, we took some pictures of my scar because I hadn't seen it with the tape off.

As scars go, I'm told it's very pretty

And then I finished it off by writing this blog post for you guys.  So overall, it was a good day, and I think I'm going to sleep well.

3 comments:

  1. awesome! (the transfer, mainly)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those shoulder warmup exercises look just like P90X! Glad you had a good day. I miss the nightly Taco Bell runs we used to make.

    ReplyDelete