Friday, June 1, 2012

Goodness

Today was another good day.  Partly because this is a good place to do rehab, partly because my friends once again made it their business to make sure I had a good day.

The Program was a success again this morning, so that was a great start to the day.

Then, in the afternoon, we went to the hand-cycle clinic.  It was put on by a paraplegic support group from Cary and volunteers from Duke, and it allowed us to try out hand-cycles.  Including myself, three patients from UNC got to go.  I got some decent pictures.  Overall, it was a fun time, and it was REALLY nice to get out of the hospital for a few hours.

Update: 6/2/12 9:45PM
I also got a video: 

After I got back, Andy and Allison, some old friends I haven't seen in several years, stopped by with Rudinos pizza.  Also in attendance were Bert and Kevin to help recreate all the Friday nights we spent at Rudinos many years ago.  There was no beer unfortunately, but I had a great time anyway.

There's PIZZA!

They showed up at 6:00, and Bert and Kevin stayed until 10:30, so that was pretty much my day.  One of the best I think I've had here.  I wish they all could be like this one.

4 comments:

  1. interesting that the cranks aren't offset on the handcycle..is that configurable?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they were offset, you'd weave down the road since they are attached to the steering head.

      Delete
  2. We had a super time as well! Be back in touch soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really had a great time hanging out, as per usual. Quite happy to have done what i feel like is my job, which is making your ribs hurt from laughing.

    ReplyDelete