Friday, June 8, 2012

Meow!

Today was the day I've been waiting for.  Today, I got my loaner wheelchair.  After days of teasing me about it, they finally delivered it today.  Unfortunately, it was kindof a disappointment.  It's light.  Much lighter than the chair I've been in, but it still doesn't have enough dump, and I feel like I'm going to fall out the front even more than in the other one.  Also, this one has a fairly nasty pull to the left.  The only good thing about that is that it's going to give me a chance to build up my left arm strength to match my right since I'll be doing twice as many pushes with my left arm.

I'm going to have to take this chair home and use it until they can order my permanent chair.  Delivery could take 6 to 8 weeks.  I could be more excited about that.

Otherwise, my day was pretty good.  I got to practice some more floor transfers in PT.

Getting ready

Checking the distance


Are we seriously doing this?


Prepare to transfer to the stool


Do the transfer to the stool


Start the transfer to the floor


I feel like I made this look really hard

And after the work was done, Titus and Brittany came to visit and brought me food.

Good times!


We hung out until about 10:00 when I finally started working on my blog.

Oh, also, I got to wear my awesome new t-shirt today.  Lookin' good if I do say so myself.  Meow!

2 comments:

  1. That shirt is nice buddy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is especially hilarious about this is that 2 days later, half the nurses came to me to tell me there was another patient on the floor wearing the exact same shirt. Not to be funny though. They just liked the shirt.

    ReplyDelete