Sunday, June 17, 2012

Magical Sunday

Today I had absolutely nothing on the schedule, so I used the opportunity to stay in bed until 11:00.  It was magical.

When I got up, Gus called and wanted to come over for lunch.  Gus and Uyen and their daughter Evelyn, who is cute as a button, but whose name I still don't know how to spell, came over around 1:30, and brought me a sandwich from Firehouse Subs.  They also brought me a Coke.  Lunch was also magical.

Magical!


We ate outside on the patio by Starbucks, and enjoyed the magical weather, and then went inside and probably spent an hour admiring the kinetic ball exhibits in the lobby of the children's hospital.  It nearly lulled me to sleep.  You could safely describe it as 'magical'.

Evelyn asking me something precious

When Gus and Uyen left, I went upstairs and had a lovely phone conversation with my Dad about Father's day.  I wouldn't describe is as 'magical', but it was certainly nice.

Now I'm working on my blog.  I would say my day qualifies as magical.  The original title of this entry, started last night, was going to be 'Monotony', but fortunately, fate and some friends intervened and gave me a really nice and relaxing day.  Tomorrow starts my last week of in-patient therapy, but I feel rested and ready.  Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment