Saturday, June 2, 2012

Haircut

It has been another really good day here at UNC's rehab center.  Today I had lots of guests, and I got what may be the most effective haircut I have ever received.

Titus and Brittany showed up around noon with Joe, who brought me a gyro and a cupcake from Franklin Street.  If you are taking notes, this is another great way to make me happy to see you.

The way to my heart is definitely through my stomach

This cupcake has another treat stuck in it!

Then it was off to rehab where Sarah made me do pushups.  This was another post-injury first for me.  They felt really weird, but it felt good to work the pectorals.  It also felt good to test the wrist.  It hurt, but I don't think I damaged it.


Success!

To finish out PT, Sarah made me do 10 minutes on the hand-bike.  She's a bit of a sadist, but I think it's good for me.  I don't think I've breathed that hard since I got here.

"I CAN'T FEEL MY LEGS!!!"


Finally, we came back to my room for a haircut.  For those of you who don't know, Titus cuts his own hair, and isn't too bad at cutting other people's hair when he wants to.  So I asked him to do mine, and he obliged.  Here in the hospital, my hair is always dirty, so the longer it is, the nastier it is.  Having it short feels sooooooo good.  I can't even tell you how good.  Here are some pictures of the haircut.

Around dinner time, Titus and Brittany had to leave, and TC showed up with some Taco Bell for dinner.  Again, this is a great way to visit.  This means I didn't have to eat any hospital food after breakfast today.  That alone makes this a pretty good day.  TC stayed until 7:00 or so, but I didn't take any pictures for some reason.  I guess I forgot.  He says he's coming back tomorrow so I'll take some pictures then.

So today was another great day.  I want to write about other stuff, but the last few days have been so fun for me that it's hard to ignore them and write about something else.  But I do have some other articles I've been working on, and they're just about ready to go, so if tomorrow isn't completely awesome, maybe I'll publish one of them then.

2 comments:

  1. Oh the hair is much Improved!!! You should have had him cut your hair all along!!

    ReplyDelete