Saturday, June 9, 2012

Car Transfers

Most Saturdays are slow, and today was no different.  I did have one therapy session though, and for that, I had my friend, Buddha Bear, bring his car around so I could practice transferring into and out of a car.  It went really well.  I tried it once using a slide board, but then I tried it in 3 different doors with no board, and they all went really well.  I'm sure it'll be different with a different car, but it was pretty smooth on Buddha's Camry.  I even tried the driver's seat so now I know I can do that when I'm ready to drive.

Buddha Bear wants to take me for ice cream


There are more pictures here.

And some videos:
Jason Car Transfer 1
Jason Car Transfer 2
Jason Car Transfer 3

1 comment:

  1. So are you thinking of buying a conventional sedan-type car with modified controls? Or a van with a lift? I would think the van would be more practical, though the car would be good for late-night runs to the Taco Bell drive-thru 8-)

    ReplyDelete