Friday, June 22, 2012

Heterotopic Ossification Part 2

So it turns out I do have the HO, and they are starting medicine immediately.  I'm glad about that, but I'm pretty bummed to be going home with another medical problem.  This one is going to restrict my hip flexibility on a permanent basis.  Unfortunately, I need that to do things like put on shoes.  I might be able to improve it temporarily with stretching, but I'm expecting that to be a constant struggle.  Like I need another one of those.

I could go home right now, but the apartment isn't ready, so I decided not to leave tonight.  I'll leave tomorrow morning.  I expect my Saturday will be full with getting my apartment ready to live in, and on Sunday, I expect most of the day to be full of visits from nurses and home health providers.  I suspect people are thinking about visiting me this weekend, but I would suggest you should at least call first.  I don't think I'm going to have a relaxing weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Hope they setup your computer promptly in the apartment. Hate to hear about setbacks like the HO but it is good to know what is going on. Hope that you like the new apartment when you get settled. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete