Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Floor Transfers and the Transitional Apartment

I don't want to write much today, but it was a productive day so I want to say something about it.  This morning, it was decided by the daily therapist round table, that I could spend the night in the transitional living apartment if I could demonstrate that I could transfer onto the tall soft bed in there.

Very soft and very tall

So during the day, I had to demonstrate that particular transfer twice, each, to Emily and Raheleh.  Apparently I did well enough because I'm writing from inside the apartment.  It's supposed to simulate my apartment when I get out of here, but I can tell you I will not keep my apartment at 65 degrees in the summer.  It's freezing in here.

Freezing

The other thing I did today that I was proud of was some floor transfers.  I used Emily's "From your knees" technique to transfer directly from the floor onto my wheelchair.  It was ridiculously difficult, but I did it twice.  I hope I don't find myself on the floor too often, but when I do, it's VERY nice to know I have a technique I can use to get back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment