Monday, May 21, 2012

Gas

Yesterday, right after lunch, I noticed I was experiencing a problem that felt similar to a serious problem I had in Charlotte.  After I was done eating, I could feel a large quantity of gas building in my abdomen to the point of causing discomfort.  Back in Charlotte, the problem was caused by an ileus which is basically a shutdown of bowel function.  In this case, they believe it is caused by a simple blockage of the bowel, but whatever the cause, it's extremely frustrating.  I am afraid to eat anything for fear of adding more gas to an already very uncomfortable situation.

Last night, they tried a couple things to fix me.  They gave me some gas-reducing medicine, and some stool-softener, and some laxative, and an enema, and none of it seemed to help very much.  Today, they're trying the same stuff.  I can't say I'm too optimistic.  They have already cancelled my therapy for the morning, and scheduled an enema at 12:00.  If that doesn't help, I don't know what they're going to do this afternoon.

I just hope I can get this fixed soon so I can get back to therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment