Saturday, May 19, 2012

Let's give him a hand

Andrew again.  Jason's down for the count today.  
 
Got some new information on Jason's hand.  Apparently it IS broken.  This kinda sucks for him since, a. its really painful and b. it's going to slow down rehab significantly.  It sounds like they're going to make him a bigger, more restrictive brace.

On the other hand, Jason is pleased he's not imagining the pain in his hand.

Not Jason's hand

Update: 2:00 PM

The just sent an orthopedic surgeon in to look at my hand.  He suggested that it looks like the break is more of a chip, and I should continue to use the hand as much as I can tolerate.  He doesn't think I'm making it worse, and he thinks the bulk of my pain is likely from sprains as opposed to the break.  That is probably good news as it gives me a lot of leeway to continue rehab.

Update: 5/20 - 7:00 AM

A different orthopedic surgeon came to see me this morning.  Dr. Greywall suggested that I not put any weight on the heel of my hand where the chip is, but also said I could freely use my index finger, middle finger, and thumb as pain allows.  That is going to be difficult, but at least it lets me participate in rehab.  I'll just have to try it and see how much I can do.  I feel like the wrist is continually in more pain than it was last week, so I'm forced to wonder if that's all psychological because I know there is a fracture.

1 comment: